The Romanian Academic Society of Behavioral Sciences aims to become a bridge between academic community, general public, authorities, institutions, professional healthcare public, NGOs and mass media regarding aspects of behavioral sciences.
The Romanian Academic Society of Behavioral Sciences has a bivalent structure and is focused on two directions:
- SOCIAL, through the constructive involvement on issues with major impact on the general public;
- ACADEMIC, by organizing scientific events dedicated to the professionals in the field of behavioral sciences.
Main purposeThe main purpose of the Romanian Academic Society of Behavioral Sciences is to develop a common platform for all the actors involved in the management of behavioral problems, for preventing occurrence of such disequilibrium and to continuously improve the quality of life of people affected by such problems and their dependents.
Among the objectives of the Romanian Academic Society of Behavioral Sciences are:
- Facilitation of communication and exchange of information between the actors involved in the management of behavioral sciences;
- Transmission to the general public of educative and informative messages related to various aspects of behavioral sciences;
- Attraction of public attention on certain issues that affect behavioral and personal social life of individuals;
- Formulation of resolutions and legislative proposals on various aspects of behavioral sciences field and advancement to the competent authorities;
- Initiation and support for events and education campaigns, prevention and research in various niches approached by behavioral sciences;
- Organizing academic training for research, development and continuous education in behavioral sciences field, in medical and health psychology, but also in applied psychosomatic, dental, behavioral sciences and patient management.