The Romanian Academic Society of Behavioral Sciences aims to become a bridge between academic community, general public, authorities, institutions, professional healthcare public, NGOs and mass media regarding aspects of behavioral sciences.
The Romanian Academic Society of Behavioral Sciences has a bivalent structure and is focused on two directions:
- SOCIAL, through the constructive involvement on issues with major impact on the general public;
- ACADEMIC, by organizing scientific events dedicated to the professionals in the field of behavioral sciences.
Among the objectives of the Romanian Academic Society of Behavioral Sciences are:
- Facilitation of communication and exchange of information between the actors involved in the management of behavioral sciences;
- Transmission to the general public of educative and informative messages related to various aspects of behavioral sciences;
- Attraction of public attention on certain issues that affect behavioral and personal social life of individuals;
- Formulation of resolutions and legislative proposals on various aspects of behavioral sciences field and advancement to the competent authorities;
- Initiation and support for events and education campaigns, prevention and research in various niches approached by behavioral sciences;
- Organizing academic training for research, development and continuous education in behavioral sciences field, in medical and health psychology, but also in applied psychosomatic, dental, behavioral sciences and patient management.