Conference – “Signs and symptoms for identifying the forms of child abuse”
October 14-15, 2014
Council Hall of the University of Medicine and Pharmacy “Carol Davila”, Bucharest
On the occasion of “World Day for the Prevention of Child Abuse”, the conference was an multidisciplinary event which brought together numerous personalities from romanian academic society. People from various specialties have identified and highlighted the issue of abuse. Also, were outlined directions of action, started in the edition that was held last year, for changing legislation and for approaching this complex phenomenon that profoundly affects children’s development.
- David S. Prescott is the director of the Department for Professional Development and Performance Optimization at Becket Center from New England, USA.
- David Prescott, world expert in the problem of abuses and known trainer, is the author of 11 books and former president of the Association for the Treatment of Sexual Abusers. During the conference, he presented a lecture “Understanding and Preventing child abuse by understanding the abusers” and the workshop “Awakening Motivation for Difficult Changes – Building Motivational Interviewing Skills”.
- Informing and involving the healthcare professionals and people who interact with children concerning the recognition and identification of signs and symptoms of abuse and violence in children.
- Facilitating the communication and exchange of ideas among professionals involved in identifying and combating forms of child abuse and drawing attention to the behavioral problems that can affect children’s social and personal life, who are victims of violence.
- Increasing the level to identify cases of abuse and violence against children.
- Family doctors
- School Doctors