Under the motto “Together we can more”, Romanian Academic Society of Behavioral Sciences intends to get involved in projects of social interest, aimed at improving the lives of the disadvantaged, especially children who need help.
In the past, the society was involved in two types of projects:
- Social project – the construction of social center “Mana Cereasca” (“Godsend from Lord”), Lada Parish, Teleorman County;
- Medical project – Project “Smile of Child”.
Help for the social center “Mana Cerească”
Mana Cereasca Association is a non-governmental organization which activates from January 2012 and appears as social service, especially for marginalized people who are in a difficult situation from and around the Lada parish.
- It has been provided food for a number of approximately 100 people socially marginalized from Lada Parish (around 40 children and 30 old people were served lunch in the cafeteria, and about 30 old people who can not move have received home food);
- Here were conducted various creative activities, homework preparation and counseling for a number of 40 children aged 3-14 years coming from poor families.
- The construction, arrangement and endowment of social center Mana Cereasca
- The provision services by the Social Canteen
- The identification of cases of children with critical social situation in order to provide them material support and an appropriate educational program
- The promotion of the project in the community regarding social canteen services provided through local public authorities and the internet
- The supervision of the project
- The children in need coming from poor families in the Lada parish
- The elderly who have no family and no opportunity to secure decent living conditions in the Lada parish
- The disadvantaged people without a job or income and who are living in poor conditions in the Lada parish
- The people with disabilities in the Lada parish
Proiectul “Zâmbet de copil” (“Smile of child”)
This project was in partnership with the League of Students in Medicine and Pharmacy “Carol Davila”, Bucharest – prophylaxis program, prevention and treatment for underprivileged children from the Lada parish.
- EDUCATIONAL CAMPS FOR DISADVANTAGED CHILDREN
Educational projects in schools:
- Combating the violence in schools through sport
- Combating the phenomenon of bullying
Starting from the society motto “Together we can more”, since June we want to mark “The day against violence on children” through educational events in a high school from Bucharest, in which to invite people from various fields of sport to speak to students, teachers and parents about the importance of sport in schools. We believe that through sport, children especially adolescents can unload their energy, their violent attacks and to gain confidence in themselves. We will also try to launch a study that will have as target the troubled adolescents and their relation with physical activity and sport. We are trying to demonstrate that nervousness or aggression of children can be educated and redirected in a constructive manner through sport. For example, a group of students will follow free courses of martial arts for a year and we will see if there were behavioral changes and if the school results will become better.